1. We. Holiday Home Yorkshire (the ‘Agent’) act as booking agents for Owners (the ‘Owner’) of holiday properties and maintain a list of properties for this purpose which we publish in the form of a website. Letting arrangements are made by the Agent on behalf of the Owner and the contractual relationship in connection with the letting will be between you and the Owner. The Agent is not and will at no time be party to that contract. The Agent shall have no liability to you for any fees, expenses, damages or loss resulting from your booking. Nothing in these Booking Conditions shall be deemed to exclude or limit the Agent’s liability in relation to death, fraud or personal injury resulting from it’s negligence.
2. No contract with the Owner exists until a completed booking form or web reservation form has been received by the Agent with a deposit of £100.00 and a confirmation of the booking has been dispatched. The contract is subject to these booking conditions. If the letting start date is within 2 calendar months of the date of the Agent receiving the booking form or web reservation or there are other exceptional circumstances the full amount is payable. Where a deposit is paid you become liable for the balance of the rent and this must be paid at least 2 calendar months before the commencement date of the holiday.
3. The booking shall be deemed to be for the purpose of the person or people whose names appear on the booking form. The maximum number of persons allowed at the property is clearly stated in the particulars and corresponds to the number of beds provided and must not be exceeded without our prior consent. In the event the maximum number of allowed persons has been exceeded without prior consent the Owner has the right to revoke the booking without refund. Only the people whose names are detailed on the booking form are permitted to stay in the property. No more than 2 day visitors to the property are permitted without prior approval of the Owner. Bookings will not be accepted from parties of young people or single sex parties of more than 4 and we reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties which may in our opinion be unsuitable for the property concerned. A cleaning/damage deposit may be requested by the Agent on behalf of the Owner before acceptance of the booking.
4. If for any reason it proves necessary for us to make a change in your holiday booking by reason of the unexpected withdrawal of the property by the Owner or by the Agent, by reason of overbooking or for some other reason, the Agent will use reasonable endeavours to make an alternative booking or failing this we will refund to you all monies paid by you. Nevertheless the Agent shall be under no further obligation or liability in this respect.
5. Keys must be collected and returned as per instructions provided to you.
6. You are obliged to keep the holiday home and all furnishings fixtures fittings and effects in the same state of cleanliness, repair and condition as they were in at the commencement of the holiday and will be responsible for any damage to the holiday property or the furniture fixtures fittings and effects and to ensure that the property is left clean and tidy. Anything broken or damaged should forthwith be repaired or replaced with an article of similar type or value to the satisfaction of the owner. If this is not possible any damage or breakage should be reported to the owner immediately and paid for before departure. In default of such obligation you are obliged to reimburse the owner against any costs incurred by the owner in remedying such default. If you have paid by credit or debit card, any costs due to the owner will be charged to your card, otherwise the Owner reserves the right to raise invoices for any damage and/or replacements and/or repairs caused during your stay at a later date.
7. The Owner may charge a damage deposit in which case you agree to pay such deposit at the request of the Owner. The Owner shall be entitled to deduct from the damage deposit the cost of remedying any breach of your obligations covered in these booking conditions.
8. You will permit the Owner or the Agent or the Owner’s representative at reasonable times and on reasonable notice to enter and inspect and if necessary to repair the property or to enter the property without notice in an emergency to attend to a problem, repair the property or adjoining premises.
9. You must not assign or part with the possession of the property or any part of it or anything contained in the property or use it other than as a single dwelling for holiday occupation by the people whose names appear on the booking form.
10 You must ensure that nothing happens which may be a nuisance or inconvenience to occupiers of neighbouring or adjoining property or adversely affect any insurance of the property and also ensure that the floors are not overloaded.
11. No smoking is permitted in any of our properties and if you smoke outside, all butts must be removed.
12. Complimentary toiletries are provided in our properties however whilst every effort has been made to ensure they are hypoallergenic use of these items is at your own risk and no responsibility will be accepted for any adverse reaction. You are advised to test on a small patch of skin before use.
13. It is clearly stated in all our particulars whether or not pets are allowed at the property. This must be strictly adhered to. We do not accept dogs under the age of 1 year old and dogs must be fully housetrained. If pets are allowed then you must keep them under strict control. By signing the booking form you are confirming that your pet will not be left at the premises unattended nor be allowed on any furniture whatsoever (even with covers applied) nor be allowed in any bedrooms. Pets must not be permitted to cause any damage to the property or gardens nor bark or cause any other kind of nuisance to neighbours. Pets must be exercised away from the premises. If any soiling occurs in the grounds of the property it must be removed immediately. On departure all pet hairs should be removed and any additional cleaning costs necessary to return the property and/or its contents to the clean state it was in when you arrived will be charged to you as per Condition 6 above.
14. Stairgates: Some of the properties have fixed stairgates at the bottom of the stairs. Please check the individual cottage page for more information. Portable stairgates are available upon request at properties for which an additional stairgate can be utilised however neither the Agent nor the Owner of the property will accept any liability for their misuse or any accident involving them. If you request a stairgate an 'easyfit' portable gate will be provided for you to fit yourself in order that you can satisfy yourself that it is secure (no tools are necessary).
15. Cancellation Policy: If you cancel a booking for which you have contracted, the Agent will return any damage deposit received from you and will attempt to re-let the property. You are liable for the balance of the full rent due but the Agent will attempt to re-let the property. If the Agent successfully re-lets the property, the Agent will refund to you an amount equal to the income for the re-let period less £25 handling charge You are strongly advised to take out independent holiday insurance as you are liable for the whole holiday cost if the booking period cannot be re-let.
16. Once a booking has been accepted by the Agent on behalf of the Owner it can only be changed to another property by treating the original booking as a cancellation. You may change the dates of your holiday providing the property is available for the new dates and the Owner agrees to the change. A handling charge of £25 will be payable for any changes to the original booking.
17. Holiday Home Yorkshire takes every care to ensure the accuracy, both written and verbal, of the property/village/local amenity details. All information on the website, in our brochure and provided in email or verbal communications is given in good faith and is believed to be correct at the time of writing, going to press or otherwise communicated.
However Holiday Home Yorkshire cannot be held responsible for changes beyond its control which may become known after writing and going to press. In addition, whilst we advertise properties as non-smoking or no pets as instructed by the Owner, we cannot guarantee the fact. Holiday Home Yorkshire’s description of a cottage shows what amenities that property has but generally does not state what is not in the property. Furthermore, Holiday Home Yorkshire cannot accept liability for happenings outside its reasonable control such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, neighbouring buildings works, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or the Owner's negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident. Please be aware that if a property is advertised as having an enclosed garden, this does not necessarily mean a secure garden. It may be enclosed by hedging, open style fencing or have a low wall or fence.
18. If you feel you have a genuine complaint in respect of your holiday home then this should immediately be reported to the owner or the Agent. The Agent accepts no liability for remedying an complaint but will refer the complaint to the Owner. Complaints which are not reported immediately will not be entertained subsequently and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of complaints made on departure or after your return home.
19. These conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted by you at the time when you complete the booking form.
20. Data Protection Act 1998. All personal information supplied to us by you will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to any third parties except where your consent has been received or where required by law. In order to provide you with a service, this information will be held in the data systems of Holiday Home Yorkshire. The only persons permitted to access your information are those employed by or authorised by us. We would also like to keep you informed of our services and special offers. If you would prefer not to receive this information from us, please let us know.